You will get a fully understanding of the specific operation process for pig slaughter line by this article.
What is pig or hog slaughter line?
Pig/hog slaughter line is a complete slaughter process for pig or hog abattoir or slaughterhouse. It includes many abattoir equipment, slaughter and meat processing machine and accessories.
The detailed pig slaughter line is customized due to abattoir design and customers’ slaughter capacity, and budget, etc.
Here is the pig slaughtering process flow diagram:
What are the general steps for pig slaughter line?
- Holding pens managing
- Killing and bleeding
- Scalding and dehairing
- Singeing and dehiding Skinning(it depends on customers’ requirements)
- Carcass processing
- Synchronized quarantine
- By-product processing
- White carcass chilling
- Cutting and packaging
What is the specific operation process for pig slaughter line?
1. Healthy pig enter holding pens→Stop eat/drink for 12-24h→Shower before slaughter→
2. Instantly stunning→Shackling and lifting→Killing→Bleeding(5min)→
3. Pig carcass washing→
4. Scalding→Dehairing→Trimming→Carcass lifting→
5. Hair singeing→Washing and whipping→Ear trimming→Rectum sealing→Genitals cutting→Chest opening→
6. White viscera removal(Put the white viscera in the tray of the white viscera quarantine conveyor for inspection→AB）→Trichinella spiralis inspection→Pre red viscera removal→Red viscera removal（The red viscera are hung on the hook of the red viscera quarantine conveyor for inspection→BC）→Pre head cutting→Splitting→Carcass and viscera synchronized quarantine→
7. Tail cutting→Head cutting→Fore hoof cutting→Hind hoof cutting→Leaf fat removal→White carcass trimming→Weighing →Washing→Chilling (0-4℃)→Fresh meat seal →Chilled meat →seals
OR→Cut into three sections→Meat cutting→Weighing and packaging→Freezing or keeping fresh→Cartonning→Cold storage→Sales
A. Qualified white viscera/offal enter the white viscera room for processing. Stomach content is transported to the waste storage room about 50 meters outside the workshop via air delivery system.
B. Unqualified carcasses, red and white viscera offal will be pulled out of the slaughtering workshop for high-temperature treatment.
C. Qualified red viscera offal will be transported to the red viscera room for processing.
Hope the above information about pig/hog slaughter line including slaughter process and abattoir equipment can make senses for your slaughterhouse business.
More information will be updated in the coming days.